Friday, May 30, 2014

Mowing the lawn

"Ajdin, if you are looking for me, I will be outside mowing the lawn," Uncle Tibbs said.  He went outside.

Mowing the lawn, I thought.  I had never seen a bear mow the lawn before.  I went outside to take a look.


The lawnmower whizzed and whirred.

"NOTHING BEATS DOING YARD WORK WITH YOUR OWN TWO PAWS!" Uncle Tibbs yelled over the sound of the mower.  He steered the mower up and down the hill.


"UNCLE TIBBS, YOU MISSED A SPOT!" I pointed out.

"THANKS AJDIN!" he yelled back.  He turned the mower around and went over a tall grassy patch.

Apparently I am beary good at supervising.


While Uncle Tibbs put the mower away, I spotted two bunny rabbits in the yard.  They stared at me for a long time.  I waved hello at them.  I guess they had never seen two bears mow the lawn before.


"Thanks for your help today, Ajdin," Uncle Tibbs said.  "Now let's take a break and enjoy the sunset."

There's nothing like the smell of freshly cut grass!



7 comments:

  1. Hmmm... that looks like a beary large yard - good thing you have a ride-em lawnmower. You are a great supervisor Adjin but are you also not in training to become a lawnmower rider?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle Tibbs said next time he will show me how to ride it. I'm not sure if I could do it myself though, I might need a little bear sized lawnmower... but then the lawn would take a looong time to get cut

      Delete
  2. Ajdin and Tibbs good work on the lawn. I think I would mow if I had a ride em lawnmower. Did you enjoy a glass of lemonade after all the work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we did - honey lemonade with a sprig of mint!

      Delete
  3. You did a great job! We agree with Little Fox, you all deserve some lemonade (and maybe a couple of cookies) after all of that work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh yes! we had honey lemonade with sugar cookies...mmm...

      Delete