Monday, June 9, 2014

Heat advisory

I was walking with my mom in a hot, crowded parking lot a couple of days ago when I heard muffled cries for help.  Then I looked into a car window and saw another bear inside.

"Help...hot...hot..." he said.  He looked very uncomfortable inside the car as the windows were all rolled up.


Then I looked closer and saw that he could not unfasten his seat belt - perhaps it was stuck.  It must be so hot inside that car, I thought.  I had to get him out!


I pulled on the car door handle with all of my weight, but nothing happened.

"Hot...so hot..." I heard him say.

ERGHHHH!!  I gave the door an extra hard yank and it opened.  I felt waves of scorching heat as I scrambled inside to get him to safety.


"Phew!  Thanks for getting me out, buddy.  My name is Blue Bear."

"I'm Ajdin," I said.  We shook paws, then went for some nice cold smoothies.


Please remember that bears and non-bears should never be left in a hot car.  Keep cool this summer!

6 comments:

  1. Close call. I think Blue Bear's owner should take you out for ice cream and fresh berries as a reward for helping Blue Bear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Bear and I went to get nice cold smoothies afterwards - I got strawberry banana with honey!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you beary much. I was just doing what any ordinary bear would have done.

      Delete
  3. Whew - good thing you were there Ajdin!! I think the local fire department should award you a BRB (Bear Rescue Badge).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom has left me in the car before so I know how hot it can get in there...

      Delete