Sunday, August 3, 2014

Rescue operation

Today I was in my room taking a nap when I heard some sounds coming from the closet.

It sounded like muffled cries for help.  I decided to investigate.

I went in the closet and turned on the light.  To my horror, I saw many many stuffies trapped in a plastic prison.  What cruel and unusual punishment!

"HELP US!  PLEASE!  HELP!  SOMEONE, ANYONE!  LET US OUT!" they cried.

I had to get them out.

Using all of my little bear strength, I moved the box out of the closet.  Then I opened the lid.

And then I climbed to the top.

"My name is Ajdin Adilovic," I said.  "I'm here to rescue you."

"YAY!" they cheered.  I then explained the evacuation procedure to them.

The first to come out of the box was a frog.

"Ribbit," he croaked.

"Jump down and I'll catch you," I said.

So he did.

The next was an eagle.

"I have wings.  I can fly down," she said.

One by one, the stuffies came out of the box.  I caught them one by one (the birds flew down separately).

"FREEDOM!" they cheered.  They gave each other hugs and high fives.  But there were still more trapped in the box.

I had more work to do.  I helped more bunnies, dogs, tigers, mice, foxes, giraffes, elephants, cats, chipmunks, kangaroos, snakes, crabs, snails, turtles, leopards, sharks, lions, chickens, roosters, dragons, octopi, zebras, monkeys, geckos, swans, ducks, ostriches, flamingos, penguins, ladybugs, spiders, dragons, unicorns, and fellow bears out of the box.

Finally, all of them were out of the box.  They gathered around me in a big circle.

"THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!" they said 120 times.

"You're beary welcome," I said.

"ALL HAIL AJDIN, OUR HERO!" they cheered.

"Hmm, but I'm not really a hero," I said.  "I was just doing what any ordinary stuffie would do."

"Would you like to be called King Ajdin?" one of them asked.

"Or perhaps Prince Ajdin?" another asked.

I shook my head.  "Neither," I said.  The adulation was overwhelming.  "I'm just...just...just a bear...named Ajdin...and I want to be your friend."

It got beary quiet all of a sudden.  You could hear a bee buzzing.  They looked at each other, then cheered,

"HOORAY FOR AJDIN THE BEAR, OUR NEW FRIEND!"

10 comments:

  1. Ajdin, your good deed today should earn you a life-saving badge from the Cub Scout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a BEARY lot of stuffies! Uncle Tibbs and you will have to do a lot of cooking to feed them all. Are some going to depart on adventures of their own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I am not sure what everyone's plans are.. there is too much celebrating right now!

      Delete
  3. YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! Maybe each one could do a Guest Post on your blog? My friend Tango the Orange Bear has done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that sounds like an interesting idea! That would be a lot of guest posts!

      Delete
  4. I called the local news to do a segment on your and your rescued stuffies. I think you need to have a big party to celebrate everyones freedom. Someone is going to have to do a lot of cooking (thankfully Daisy is there to help) to feed everyone.

    Will each stuffie get their own blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, we will need to do extra grocery shopping for sure. I am not sure about everyone getting their own blog. My mom is a little overwhelmed at the moment trying to feed everyone. It is like a zoo here.

      Delete
  5. Wow!! You have a lot of friends all of a sudden! I think your sekrebeary needs to hire an assistant if you're going to go out on adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - 120 instant friends! I am still learning all of their names!

      Delete
    2. It sounds like you need some "me" time... Or maybe your Mom does... 120 instant friends can be a bit overwhelming!

      Delete