Saturday, August 9, 2014

Maine

After a long drive, we finally arrived at our destination... Acadia National Park in Maine.  I heard they have beary good lobster here in Maine (I'm not sure if bears eat lobster though I'm willing to try anything once). First, I'll check out the park.

I hiked to the top of a mountain and it was a great view.  I didn't see any bears though.

All that hiking made me hungry, so I set off to see what I could find in terms of lunch.  I found a little town set by the harbor and I also saw fishing boats.  Hmm, fishing boats = fish.

I got a little closer to the water.  Boy was I hungry now.  I saw all the fishing boats haul their catches of the day back to the dock.  I saw hundreds of fish in the fishing boats.  All I wanted was just one little fish.  I waved to the fishermen but no one gave me a fish.

Finally, I decided to take matters into my own paws.  I looked around for a fishing pole, then realized that I was sitting on a lobster bait cage.  Maybe I could try to catch a lobster myself.  I had never tried to catch a lobster before.  It is much different than fishing for salmon.  Would I be able to catch anything?


4 comments:

  1. Nice photos Ajdin. We hope you were able to fish for some salmon! We love salmon! Maybe you'll find a nice restaurant in the town; you only have to ask if they have a little bear's menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maine looks beary lovely! Salmon would be super good... or lobster... or crab. We don't have lobster on the west coast but crab is a good substitute! I like Jerry & Ben's idea... fishing can be messy so why not find a restaurant and order a salmon fillet from the little bear menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobster is VERY good, so I hope you catch one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree wtih all the Stuffies, Lobster is VERY VERY VERY good. I woudl highly recommend getting one (maybe get some Crab too if you can).

    I haven't been to Maine myself but the pictures I see are absolutely amazing. Also, thanks for the cool post card of Bar Harbor, is that where you stayed?

    ReplyDelete