Thursday, September 25, 2014

Will it grow?

I asked my mom if we could have a garden and she said she is working on that, but she gave me a mini gardening kit to play with in the meantime.  I guess this will have to do.  This is a growing kit for poppies.

Let's see what's inside the kit.  A pot, seeds, and growing soil.

I followed the directions and put the soil in a cup, adding a little bit of water.

Then I took some seeds and planted them in the pot.  They are beary small.

Then I placed the pot on the windowsill for some sunshine.  Now I just have to wait!  Will it grow?  I'll check back in a couple of days.


7 comments:

  1. What a fun garden project Ajdin. Maybe you can give your little plant a name. Someone at our house suggests that Jerry is a really good name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that have been Ben who suggested that name? :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, well, Jerry suggested the name actually. He also said, if you get any honey tree seeds, make sure to share them with your pals!

      Delete
  2. Poppies are my person's favorite flower! I'm sure yours will do beary well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a science experiment! I'm sure they will grow - you must document their growth - see if changing the light makes any difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppies are my roommates favorites! You got a great plant to grow. Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the poppies we have in Oregon are California Poppies. They grow everywhere and are so cool. I heard in California it's illegal to pick the CA poppy because it's the state flower. What is the state flower in your state (or province...Sandy)

    ReplyDelete