Sunday, June 21, 2015

Bathtime

It was time to give the puppy a bath.

I found a small tub and added some water and soap in it.  Then I also got a big towel and took my hoodie off just in case things got a little messy.


"Alright," I said to the puppy.  "In you go."

He didn't budge.


"Come on now, hop in.  The water feels real nice!" I tried again.

He still did not move.

"Okay," I said, picking him up.  "Maybe you need a little help getting in ---"


He slipped out of my paws and made a run for it!

"Hey come back here!" I called.


"I'll stop him," said Feathers.  She flew over and stopped his escape.


The puppy quickly changed directions and ran the other way.

"I wiiiiiiiiiiiill stoooooooooooooop hiiiiiiiiiiim," said Ooogie.


"Oooooooohhhh... wheeeeeereeeee diiiiiiiid heeeeeee gooooooo?"

"He's on your back Ooogie," I said.


"Alright, enough is enough," I said.  "Come here right now or ---"


SPLASH!!!

The puppy jumped on me and I lost my balance, falling backwards straight into the tub of soapy water.

"HAHAHAHAHA!"  Uncle Tibbs tried to cover his mouth.

"Oooh Ajdin!" said Feathers.  "Who is taking the bath - you or the puppy?"

"Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaa," said Ooogie.


"You know what?" I said.  "Taking care of a puppy is a lot of work."

"Woof!"


12 comments:

  1. Hmmm... well, at least you got a bath out of it! Maybe the puppy just needs some under-leg deodorant or something? Or maybe you could take him to a little duck pond where he would think going in the water is fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doggy deodorant.. I will have to check that out. Thanks Sandy~

      Delete
  2. Lol oh dear! At least you ended up nice and clean? Perhaps you can get Uncle Tibs to help you take the Puppy to the Vet or Pet store and Puppy can get a hydrobath there, we used to take our dog to the Hydrobath all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh... hydrobath, that sounds interesting! Or maybe an ultra-sonic bath??

      Delete
    2. Lol ultra-sonic sounds like something in Mum's Sims3 game! :D

      Delete
  3. Cute story! We agree with the other comments, you got to be nice and clean too! We like bubble baths, of course with bath toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a rubber duckie! Well have to take a photo of it for you.

      Delete
  4. Good preparation, taking off your hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It appears that Uncle Tibbs is enjoying the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all he did was sit and watch - he could have helped!

      Delete
  6. Your new puppy is very cute! I don't like baths either! Person is always threatening to give me one!

    ReplyDelete