Thursday, August 27, 2015

Parker's new collar

Today, I am giving my dog Parker his own collar and leash.  Every dog deserves to have one.


I picked a red collar and leash for him.

"Come here, Parker."

"Woof!"


I put the collar on him.  It has little bells that jingle so you can hear him coming from far away.


Next, I will attach the leash to the collar.


Great!  Now we are all set to take a walk.  I'll just secure the leash to my paw and then we can --


Parker was beary excited and took off running without me.  I face planted onto the ground.


Well folks, it looks like we may have some more dog training to do yet.

"Woof?"


10 comments:

  1. Dog training does take lots of work but I am sure you are up to the challenge Ajdin. Sequoia is very treat motivated so perhaps that will work with Parker as well. I am sure Uncle Tibbs took care of licensing Parker and getting his shots right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... hmm.. I'm not sure if he went to the vet yet actually.. thanks for the reminder

      Delete
    2. Is Parker's collar crimson red like Ohio State's color (speaking of that, did you get his leash and collar in Ohio) or is it more "Hammie Red"??

      Delete
    3. it seems more like a Hammie Red. I got it at the Build a Bear store online

      Delete
  2. Dog walking is a contact sport. Make sure you wear a helmet and padding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker looks like a beary nice dog, so we're sure you'll be able to train him beary easily. Some treats might help in the process (treats for the dog mind you, but also treats for the owner are a great idea too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treats for the trainer... I like that idea! My tummy will be even rounder when this is over...

      Delete
  4. Yup... that sounds about right... Owner gets walked by Dog... or Dog takes Owner for Walk. You guys will get the hang of it. The trick is to let Parker lead the way and that way it looks like you are walking him rather than vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Sandy. We are still working on basic commands and tricks. Parker seems pretty smart so I'm sure he'll pick it up quickly.

      Delete