Sunday, January 24, 2016

SNOW

This morning I looked out the window and saw snow.  Lots of snow.  SNOW in capital letters.

"YEAH!!  WOOHOO!!" I cheered.  I fist pumped into the air.


"I'm going outside to play in some of this snow," I said to Uncle Tibbs.


"Not without your coat you're not," he said.


So I put my coat on.

"Okay, now I'm ready."

"Don't forget your hat, Ajdin."


So I put my hat on.

"Okay, now I'm ready," I said.


"Ajdin, how about pants?  Why don't you put some pants on?" giggled Uncle Tibbs.

I thought for a moment.  Even in below freezing temperatures and a biting wind chill, I would never succumb to defeat.  I would never surrender.  I would never put on a pair of pants.

"No thanks!" I said, running out the door before he could put another piece of clothing on me.


Outside, it looked like some people had been hard at work cleaning up the streets and sidewalks.


It's a lot of snow!


Then, in the distance, I noticed something so majestic and beautiful that took my breath away.  It was Mount Everest.

The beauty of the mountain inspired me and I felt my soul swell with a sudden urge to channel the great Sir Edmund Honey.


I was determined to climb it.


There were dangerous crevasses to my left.


As I neared the summit, I felt my grip begin to slip, my muscles grow weary.  Then I remembered the words of Sir Edmund Honey:

"Stuffies do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things."


With everything I had, I pulled myself to the top!


I made it to the summit of Mount Everest!


All that mountain climbing was making me hungry so I decided to turn around and go home.  But then I saw a familiar figure sitting on a snowbank. It was brown.  It was big.  It was...


"Uncle Tibbs, is that you?" I called.  "What are you doing outside?"

"Hey, even big bears like to play in the snow!" he said, forming a snowball with his paws.  "Would you like to have a snow --"


SPLAT!!!

He lost his balance and toppled headfirst into the snow.

"Uncle Tibbs, are you alright?" I said, running over to help him.

"Yes, I am fine!" he laughed, shaking snow off of his fur.


"Uncle Tibbs, I could use a big mug of hot chocolate right now!" I said.

"Sounds good to me!"

We hope everyone stays nice and warm this winter!


10 comments:

  1. Nice to see Uncle Tibbs out and about. You guys be safe with all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Droopy, glad to see Uncle Tibbs getting out. Did you take a lesson with Slow Poke Driving School on safe Winter Snow driving as well? Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea. I wonder if they offer such a class.

      Delete
    2. Everyone seems to love Uncle Tibbs. He got a lot of attention when he was outside.

      Delete
    3. If they offer a class you better sign up while there is still snow.

      Delete
    4. I am not surprised about everyone loving Uncle Tibbs, especially after your post of Uncle Tibbs Ladies Bear post.

      http://ajdinthebosnianbear.blogspot.com/2014/02/uncle-tibbs-ladies-bear.html

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! You conquered Mt. Everest and got the best of Uncle Tibbs in a snowbear fight! Although... your bum does look a bit snowy... I think snowpants might have been a good idea... but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete