Saturday, February 27, 2016

Oil change

Today I am going to bring my car in for an oil change.  If you own a car, you'll know that it's a good idea to have it checked out after driving 3,000 to 5,000 feet or so.


I drove to a local car repair shop.  I was pleasantly surprised to meet a fellow bear.

"G'day!  And welcome to KoKo's Kars.  I'm KoKo," he said.  "What can I do for you, mate?"

"Hello, I would like to get an oil change for my car," I said.


"No worries, mate," he said.  He quickly got to work.


"Can you pass me the wrench?" he asked from underneath the car.


I handed him the wrench.

"I have to admit that I do not know that much about cars," I said.

"No worries, mate!  That's what I'm here for."


"I'll also check your lights while I'm at it," KoKo said.  "Can you flick them on please?"

I turned on the front headlights.

"One of the bulbs seems to be broken, but that's not a problem mate.  I'll pop in a new one," he said.


Then KoKo checked the tires.

"Do you see this rear tire, mate?  It's a little deflated compared to the front tire.  Have a look see."

"Ah, you're right," I said.

"And after I pump some air into it, it'll look like..."


"...this!"

"Ah, much better!"


"Alright, how about a quick vacuum mate?"


"Thank you beary much!" I said.  "How much do I owe you?"

"Nah, nothing for you," KoKo said.  "Just have a g'day mate!"

"Wow, thanks!  Same to you!" I said.  Then I drove away.

It is hard to find a good, honest (and free) mechanic nowadays!  I'll have to pay KoKo back somehow.






9 comments:

  1. Such great service! Now you're ready for all your summer road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way Koko work underneath the car. Next time give him a tip if it is free of charge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Koko opens a shop out west.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe he will consider franchising KoKo's Kars...

      Delete
    2. I hear there is a lot of money to be made in fixing cars for free. I hope he considers franchising. Maybe he can start taking payment in cookies, brownies, and honey?

      Delete
  4. Nice to see Koko again. It looks like he's bench-pressing the car...

    ReplyDelete