Thursday, June 23, 2016

It's a beautiful day in this neighBEARhood...

"Hee hee hee..."


"I rarely wear clothes but I'll do it this time..."


"Hmm... maybe I need a bigger cardigan..."


"Unghh..."

"Okay... I think I'm ready..."

♪ ♫  It's a beautiful day in this neighBEARhood, a beautiful day for a neighBEAR. Would you BEE mine? Could you bee mine? ♪ ♫  
"Who is singing?" I asked.


♪ ♫  I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you. I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you. ♪ ♫  

"Hello there, my name is Mr. Fish Rogers."

"Wow! Mr. Rogers!" I said excitedly. "My mom liked to watch your show when she was little."


"I'm so glad you can be my special guest on today's show," Mr. Rogers said. "Today we are going to talk about liking who you are. It's very important to like who you are. Do you like who you are?"

"Well, er... most of the time, I guess," I said. "But sometimes I wish I wasn't so small. I want to be a big bear... like you!"


"Well I like who you are, just the way you are," he said. "People (and stuffies) should learn that everybody is different. We are all unique, meaning that there is only one of us in this whole world. So we should learn to like ourselves."


"For instance, some of us speak different languages."

"WOOF!"

"That's beary true!" I said.


"Some of us are fast --"

"Hello Ajdin!" Miss Feathers swooped down onto Mr. Rogers' head.


"And some of us are slow."

"Sooooorrrrry I'mmmmm laaaaateeee."


"So I hope you learned a little something on today's show. I really enjoyed our time together and I'll hope you'll come back and visit again soon. Remember to like yourself just the way you are, because I like you just the way you are. Now won't you help me sing a song?"


 ♪ ♫ It's such a good feeling to know you're alive. It's such a happy feeling: you're growing inside. And when you wake up ready to say, "I think I'll make a snappy new day." It's such a good feeling, a BEARY good feeling, the feeling you know that we're friends.  ♪ ♫


7 comments:

  1. Papa says he used to watch that show when he was little. "Yeah" says Jerry, "back in the Middul Ages!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a size up on the cardigan next time.

    Where's Trolley and the Land of Make-Believe? You can't have an episode of Mr. Rogers without the Land of Make-Believe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small production budget ? Are you're saving your pennies for your presidential campaign?I hear running for president doesn't come cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to ask for a raise in my $5/week allowance.

      I am also accepting donations (preferably in honey and salmon). :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmm. Let me get back to you on the donation...

      Delete
  4. I like everything you are born with. You are just so beautiful Ajdin !
    Love you.
    Flopp

    ReplyDelete