Saturday, July 16, 2016

Traffic Ticket

When I woke up this morning, I saw that it was a beautiful day outside. I decided to go for a drive in my car.


Hello car. I have yet to give my car a name - any ideas?


I got in my car and buckled up.


I drove here.


And I drove there. I remembered the time that Sandy visited me and drove my car.


Suddenly, I heard some sirens and saw flashing lights. I looked in the sideview mirror.


I was being pulled over!


"Hello there, officer," I said.

"Hello citizen," he replied. "May I please see your driver's license and registration?"


I handed him my documents.


"Hmm... okay... I see," he said. "Do you know how fast you were going in this speed zone?"

"Uh, 5 miles per hour, I think," I answered.

"Yes, that's right. You were going 5 miles per hour," he said.


"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Well, it looks like I will have to write you a ticket," the police officer said.

"But I wasn't speeding. I even graduated from Slow Poke Driving School," I insisted.

"I'm not giving you a speeding ticket," he said. "I'm giving you a slowing ticket... for going too slowly!"


Slowing tickets? Has anyone heard of these before?


EDITOR'S NOTE:


4 comments:

  1. Poor Ajdin! LOL at the article. Like Uncle Tibbs' police cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowing ticket? You were going too slowly? Hm, something doesn't sound right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er... well... on some of the major highways up here in Canada, you have to be able to go 60 km/h. Slower vehicles are actually banned on those roads... you know... like tractors, horse-drawn carriages, scooters... and um... graduates from Slow Poke Driving School... Must be a Canadian thing... the distances are so far up here that we all drive faster! heheh

    ReplyDelete