Sunday, January 4, 2015

Banana Nut Bread

This morning I made something from this cookbook.  It is one of my beary favorite recipes.

The recipe is for banana bread - here it is so you can follow along if you'd like:

If you want to make banana bread, of course you will need bananas.  And there is no one better to help me out with that than my friend Kong.

"BANANAS!" Kong said, pounding the counter with his fists.

I combined the butter, sugar and eggs in a large bowl.

Then Kong began peeling the bananas.  We are using three bananas for this recipe.

A one, a two, a three...

...WHOA!!!

Suddenly I felt my legs go out from under me as I slipped on a banana peel.

"Kong," I said.  "Kitchen safety is beary important, so let's throw out these banana peels before anyone else gets hurt."

After we cleared the counter, we mashed the bananas and added them to the mixture, along with the dry ingredients.

We added chopped walnuts to the batter but that is completely up to you.

A beary important question is, who gets to lick the bowl?

After one hour at 350 degrees F, the bread came out of the oven - it smelled beary good!  ( I like to eat this with a little honey!)

11 comments:

  1. You did a great job Ajdin! You can be a guest on Ben's Keetchun anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be such an honor. When is Ben coming out with his cooking book?

      Delete
    2. Well, any cookbook will have to wait a little; we'll just have to keep posting Ben's Keetchun segments on our blog!

      Delete
  2. Wow, presidential banana nut bread, how exotic! Glad Kong didn't eat all the bananas before you could make the bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Good point, Little Fox. The bananas we used actually could have been a bit more ripe (flecked peel is best), but I was afraid that there would be no bananas to speak of if we waited any longer...

      Delete
  3. hi ajdin, happy new year! i was reading miranda wandering and i saw your name on her list of blogs she read and i love bears, so i decided to read about you.i have my own bear, his name is mr bear. he's been with me since 1994. maybe one day i will do a blog about him. i love banana bread looking forward to more stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's beary good! Glad to hear there are more fellow bears out there. Have a beary good day!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was yummy! I'll save you a piece next time Dumpy.

      Delete
  5. I, too, am surprised there were any bananas left to put in there! Although... Kong must know that banana bread is much better than plain bananas... especially with walnuts! Beary good job Ajdin!

    ReplyDelete