Friday, June 12, 2015

Walk in the park

CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS POST...

I took a deep breath of fresh air when all of a sudden ---

WHOMP!!!

I was knocked over by something brown and furry!  When I looked up, I saw...


"Woof!"

It was a puppy!


"Hello there," I said.  "And where did you come from?"

"Woof!" the puppy barked.  I am not that good at translating dog language.


He did not have a collar on.  I looked around.  There was no one in sight.

"Hmm," I said.  "It seems that you are by yourself."

"Woof!"

"Would you like to play with me?"

"Woof!"

We climbed on some posts and jumped from one to the next.


We sat on a bridge and relaxed to the sound of a gentle stream.  I explained to him the best way to catch a fish.  He was a beary good listener.


We continued on the hiking trail together.


Then we watched a baseball game that was going on in the park.


But it was getting late and Uncle Tibbs and my mom would soon wonder where I had gone.

"It was nice playing with you today," I said to the puppy.  "But I have to go home now.  Maybe I will see you again someday."

"Woof!"


And then I headed home.


Along the way, I stopped to smell these daisies.


Everything was so green, as green as my hoodie.


I had such a nice time at the park today.  I can't wait to tell Uncle Tibbs all about it!


17 comments:

  1. What a lovely story, & you made a new friend Ajdin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Dumpy! I hope I meet that puppy again soon...

      Delete
  2. Don't look now, but I think something followed you home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...And BTW, what he was saying was, "I'm alone! I'm hungry! Can I go home with you?"

    (Trust me, II speak Dog Latin.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to Droop, Ajdin. Good thing we have a dog in our crew!

      Delete
  4. I would tend to agree with Droop. Once you are nice to a doggie, they love you... and he seemed to really warm to you. You might want to see if your apartment building allows pets...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't abandon a puppy wiv no collar!!!! He has no home, and I think he followed you because he wants to live wiv you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee a Puppy and he's following you home!! Hope you get to keep him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you better look behind you again. By the way, Sequoia is at the post office sending some of his dog chow your way. Keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ***head thumps onto desk*** Ajdin, I have to admit, sometimes I do wonder if you just have stuffing between your ears.

      Delete
    2. I do just have stuffing between my ears.

      Delete