Saturday, November 7, 2015

The DMV

Hello there.  Today I am heading to the DMV, or Department of Motor Vehicles, to get my driver's license and car registration.  You may remember that I passed my driving test from S.P. Driving School some time ago.


Ah, here we are, the DMV.  I wonder if someone is working here today.  I don't see anyone here yet.


After some time, someone showed up.  It was...

Ooogie.


"Helloooooo Ajdiiiiiin," he said.

"Hi Ooogie," I replied.  "I didn't know you work at the DMV.  Can you help me with my license and car registration?"

"Yesssss.  Buuuut pleeeeasseeee taaaaake a nuuuumbeeer."  He handed me a ticket.  I was number 26.


"What number is being called now?" I asked.

Ooogie pointed to the sign on the front of the counter.

"Threeeeeee.  Doeeeeesss anyyyyoneeeee haaaave nuuuumbeeer threee?  Anyyyyyoneeee?  Anyyyoneeee?"

I guess I will be at the DMV for a while today.


17 comments:

  1. It's ALWAYS a long wait at the DMV (VicRoads for us) sometimes you need to take a packed lunch it seems!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's a long line no matter what country you live in...

      Delete
  2. A book and a snack are always necessary at the DMV. Who knew Oooogie has so many different jobs. Let's see, driving instructor, DMV employee, what else does he have up his sleave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh that is so true! We hope that the DMV at least offered some cookies and hot chocolate while you waited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought some snacks with me, and also a coloring book and crayons and I had some homework to do for school.

      Delete
    2. Jerry and Ben does your DMV offer snacks? The ones in Oregon certainly don't (probably budgetary issues in Oregon).

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. Time for that Jedi Patience meditation again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This line is terrible... still waiting... I am the only one here but Ooogie won't skip over any of the numbers...

      Delete
    2. I give credit to Ooogie for being thorough in his job.

      Delete
  5. Did you comb your hair before taking the picture for the license ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... have you thought of nibbling the "2" off of your tag and being number "6"??

      Delete
    2. Sandy, what a beary clever idea! I wish I thought of that sooner.. because Ooogie just passed number 6 and we are on number 7...

      Delete