Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Helping Paw badge

Today, Bear Cub Scout Leader Uncle Tibbs called an important meeting.  So I put on my cub scout uniform.

"I called this meeting today because I have some exciting news to share with you, Ajdin," he said.

I began to feel beary excited.

"There is a new Bear Cub Scout badge that you can earn.  It is called the Helping Paw badge."  He showed me what the badge looked like.  It was a badge in the shape of a bear!

"Uncle Tibbs, that is a fantastic badge!" I exclaimed.  "How do I earn it?"


"The recipient of a Helping Paw badge must show bravery and courage to help someone else.  It is not an easy badge to earn," he said.

"Uncle Tibbs, do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"Hmm... I can't say that I do, Ajdin."

"Are you SURE?" I asked again.

"I am okay right now, Ajdin, but thanks for asking."


I was eager to get this badge, so I decided to ask Ooogie if he needed help.

"Noooooooooo, thaaaaaaaaaaaanks," he answered.


Then I asked Flops if he needed help.

"I don't need help... *crunch* ....but thanks for asking...*crunch*," he said as he munched on a carrot.


I began to feel a little discouraged.  I really wanted this special badge.  Finally, I asked my mom if she needed help.

It turned out that she did not need help either.


I let out a little sigh.  How was I going to earn the Helping Paw badge if no one needed any help?


18 comments:

  1. Hi Ajdin, well, when Ben wants to help out the household he makes a batch of chocolate chip cookies...seKretaries simply cannot resist a cute bear holding a plate of delicious cookies. Jerry helps out of course by serving as official taste tester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good idea! I wonder if that idea will pass muster with Uncle Tibbs. He can be a tough Bear Cub Scout leader sometimes you know...

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... A cookie might definitely help. Are you sure you've looked everywhere Ajdin? Like above and below you? Like all around you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandy! I looked all over and I cannot find anyone who needs help! I looked all around me and up and down and in front and backwards....hey wait a minute...

      Delete
    2. You never know who you might find if you look high and low... if you look left and right... if you look fore and aft!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Adjin, I think you need you may need your eyesight examined. I see a desperate parakeet stuck upside down on his back! Somebody needs to help him before he loses all his feathers. You are the Bear-on-the-Scene... hup to it!

      Delete
  5. #peejayday edishun of the teddy tedaloo times iz out! http://ht.ly/JsMAL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I agree with Sandy, I think that you should have Uncle Tibbs take you to the eye doctor to get your eyesight examined.

    I remember a big plastic bin filled with Stuffies that you saved a long time ago, would that count for the merit badge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear Cub Scout Leader Uncle Tibbs says that this badge is not retroactive. :(

      Delete
    2. Tibbs seems strict....but fair.

      Delete