Thursday, August 9, 2018

Secretary job posting

As you may or may not know, I fired my secretary late last year and have been trying to take on all my blogging duties myself since then. It hasn't been easy for me and it also takes my time away from the high-level strategic decisions of running of a blog.


So, I have decided to put out a job posting for a new secretary. Do you know anyone who might be qualified? I plan to start interviewing folks in a couple of weeks.

Responsibilities
- Open mail and send bearthday greetings in a timely manner
- Assist with my bathing and drying
- Maintain a stylish and fashion-forward wardrobe, in addition to cleaning and tailoring of clothing
- Demonstrate initiative by ensuring an ample supply of honey and salmon at all times
- Buy and prepare delicious snacks, not limited to cookies and hot chocolate
- Keep up-to-date on fellow stuffie blogs
- Troubleshoot website issues as needed
- Knowledge of WordPress, Blogger, HTML, CSS, and Photoshop
- Promote blog posts on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Generate ideas for contests and mail contest prizes
- Serve as copy editor for blog
- Personal bodyguard while on travel adventures
- Experienced photographer with proficiency in photo editing and enhancement
- Assist with Stuffie Tours activities as necessary
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- Give lots of hugs

Salary
- Commensurate with experience




19 comments:

  1. Would the secrebeary have to relocate to where you are??? Because we can't possibly manage without Andrea you know. Nobody else knows where the good burgers are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes the job would require relocating. Kind of like a live-in secretary. Basically be at my beck and call at all times...

      Delete
    2. Oh we can't possibly spare Andrea. She's pretty good to us and takes us to terrific eating places. Hope you get other applicants though. Goods humans are tough to find.

      Delete
    3. I understand. Andrea is a beary good secretary for you! Keep her and don't let her go.

      Delete
    4. I had the same question... I was thinking maybe I could trick... er... encourage my sekrebeary to apply. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a stuffie/human misalignment. You know... maybe your sekrebeary would do better with me and vice versa. But... I know mine isn't going to relocate! Good luck!!

      Delete
  2. This is a very extensive list of qualifications...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which would suggest that when you hired your previous sekrebeary, they were pretty good... Maybe she just needs some counselling (or a holiday) or something to handle the stresses of life and get her priorities straight? You know? It can be harder to train someone new than to just tweak the one you have... Hmmm... must look into this for my own situation!

      Delete
    2. It was a tough decision to let her go. I wonder how the new applicants will be...

      Delete
  3. What about benefits? 401k? Christmas club?Health, vision, dental insurance? Company car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should all implement a bonus system with ours... extra $$ for every blog post completed. Or maybe an incentive-based commission system.

      Delete
    2. How about 15 cents per post? That sounds reasonable right?

      Delete
  4. 401k? Insurance? Hmm... these are all things I have to think about. It's tough being the boss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you had any applications yet? Don't forget about Worker's Compensation insurance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Unemployment Insurance... and other benefits that you might need to offer under labour laws... beary complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may demand their bonus to be paid in honey...... out of your stockpile.....

      Delete
  7. Have you considered hiring a cook and keeping your current sekrebeary on staff and relieving them of some of the cooking duties? I know you are a strict boss (firing your sekrebeary during the holidays) but maybe they are overwhelmed?

    ReplyDelete