Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mail

"Hmm... junk mail... bills..." Uncle Tibbs murmured.


"Hey Uncle Tibbs, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm sorting through the mail," he sighed.  "There are bills for me, junk mail for me, more bills for me..."


"Aha!  Here's a piece of fun mail," he said.  His brow furrowed as he read the envelope.  "Oh.  It's for you, Ajdin."

"Cool!  It's a bearthday card from Jerry and Ben!" I said happily.


"Oh, there's a postcard too -- from EGYPT!" Uncle Tibbs said.  He looked disappointed as he read the back.  "This one is for you also, Ajdin."  He handed it to me.

"Oh COOL!" I exclaimed.  "It's a postcard from my friend Fritzel Ranßweiler."


"I'm noticing a trend here," said Uncle Tibbs.  He picked up the last piece of mail.  "Hey, this is a cool package of jellybeans..."

"Look!  There's a note from Little Fox that says Happy Bearthday Ajdin!" I said.

"WHEN WILL I GET FUN MAIL??" sighed Uncle Tibbs.


He took out his checkbook and began paying the bills.

"Ajdin, promise me that you will never grow up.  It's not as fun when you are an adult stuffie," he said.

"I promise," I said, chewing on some jellybeans.  "Here... *chew* ...have some... *chew* ...jellybeans, Uncle Tibbs.  Maybe that will... *chew* ...make you... *gulp* ...feel better."

Thanks for the fun mail everyone!  Have a beary good day!



6 comments:

  1. That's not fair - even Unclecelclecelcle Tibbs needs some Fun Mail!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's a major difference between being a young stuffie and being an adult stuffie. What kinds of things would Uncle Tibbs like to receive in the mail?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is pretty low maintenance. I think he would appreciate anything that is not a bill

      Delete
  3. I am glad the birthday gift made it to you (although I admit it's a tad late) but happy it got there safely.

    It's good that Tibb's is so responsible and paying all the bills on time. Hopefully, he can order something cool from the Bed Bath and Beyond catalog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is beary responsible. If I ever grow up, I would want to be just like him. However, I would prefer not to grow up.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm.... ***scribbling note to sekrebeary***... I think Uncle Tibbs needs to have some fun. Does he ever get out for an adventure? A trip to the park? Taking Parker for a walk? Seems to me, he's too much of a homebody. Just a thought... On the other hand, if my sek-re-beary ever gets it in gear... mail might be on its way!

    ReplyDelete