Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ice fishing

Today I went ice fishing in search of some fresh, tasty fish.  My mouth was just watering at the thought of some nice fresh fish, so I went outside and found a nice icy patch, broke some ice, and waited with my fishing pole.


Then I waited some more... my tummy was grumbling now.


And still I waited.  But no luck.  I didn't catch a single thing and came up empty-pawed.  However, the humans I know seem to be quite clever and they cooked some salmon for dinner.  It was beary delicious!


7 comments:

  1. Ah humans... they do come through in a pinch sometimes. Maybe the fish were at a fish conference??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great patience Ajdin to stay in the cold outside for so long. I don't have the temperment for fishing, I usually to get my fish at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story! Sorry you didn't catch any fish, but likely when the fish see a little bear walking across the ice, they scram! At least you got to eat some nice salmon for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very interesting way of getting food. I attached a video of how foxes get their food in the winter. Well most foxes, I get my food at the grocery store.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dP15zlyra3c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Fox, that is a beary interesting video! I was waiting in such suspense and then was beary impressed by foxes' natural athletic ability. I think you could try this technique next time you go hiking.

      Delete
  5. Good idea. I am not sure if we have the snow to support that kind of hunting but it would sure be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete