Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Packing lunch

Since my mom is so good about giving me lots of snacks, I thought I would do something nice for her and make her lunch for her workday tomorrow.  I can also blog about it while I do it, so I guess you can say I am multitasking.  Let's get started.

This is her lunchbag.  Wow, it's as big as I am.  We both share a love of food.

Okay, so first, we need a loaf of bread.

This is a loaf of wheat bread.  Bread makes for a comfortable pillow.

I am going to make her a beary DELICIOUS sandwich - a HONEY sandwich.  Oh YUM!  This will be SO tasty!  I'm sure she is going to LOVE it beary much.  I'll make sure to put LOTS of honey on the bread.  HONEY will be oooozing out EVERYWHERE.


"Umm, Ajdin," Uncle Tibbs said as he was walking by, "that's beary thoughtful of you to make lunch for your mom tomorrow.  But... I'm not sure if she would like a honey sandwich for lunch."

"What?" I asked.  I stared at him in disbelief.  "What do you mean she would not enjoy a delicious honey sandwich?"

Uncle Tibbs scratched his head.  "Ajdin, see... I think only bears like honey sandwiches.  How about you make her something else, like a turkey sandwich?"  I thought for a moment, then reluctantly agreed.  I guess that means there would be more honey for me later.

"But I'll take that honey sandwich, please," Uncle Tibbs said.  He munched on several bites as he walked away.


So instead of honey, I spread mayonnaise on the bread slices.

And then I put cheese and turkey on the bread.  A honey sandwich would still be better, in my opinion.

And threw in some lettuce.

Then I cut the sandwich diagonally into triangles.

Now for the snacks!  This is one of my favorite snacks.  I know my mom likes these too - Goldfish!

 I'll just help myself to a few bites while I'm at it.

I packed her several snacks.  Pretzels, hummus, peanuts, an apple, a granola bar, and a banana.  Wow, that's a lot of snacks.  She likes to eat, just like me.

And for dessert, I'm going to give her a honey packet.

I pack the lunchbag with all the goodies inside.

 And I put in a napkin...

I zip the lunchbag closed...

...and it is ready to go!

Mmmm... I am hungry now.  I think I'll go make myself a honey sandwich.


7 comments:

  1. Mmm... that looks delicious! Your mom is very lucky to have you around to help out. I would've taken either a honey sandwich or a turkey one. Variety is the spice of life, and all that, right? Nice work, Ajdin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think honey sandwiches are the best though. For variety, next time I will try putting honey on a salmon filet sandwich.

      Delete
  2. What a yummy lunch! You did a great job Ajdin! We like peanut butter and honey sandwiches sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOooh, that sounds beary good! I will have to try it.

      Delete
  3. Ajdin, You have given me an idea. Next time I have trouble falling asleep (after drinking coffee too late in the day), I will use the loaf of bread as sleeping aid. It looks so tempting....soft and fresh baker's smell should help anyone to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How thoughtful of you Ajdin, a honey sandwich sounds like a perfect reward. Perhaps your mom might like a salmon sandwich tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, she probably would.. or a salmon salad.. I would also like one. With three salmon eaters in our house (Uncle Tibbs, my mom and I), we need to go grocery shopping quite often.

      Delete