Sunday, March 15, 2015

Diet

Earlier this week, I saw Uncle Tibbs looking at himself in the mirror.  He was talking to himself.

"You've really let yourself go this time, Tibbs.  You've got to do something about that huge belly of yours.  This is no good."


"Uncle Tibbs, what are you doing?" I asked.  "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is not okay, Ajdin," he replied.  He pointed to his large belly.  "I've taken it a bit too easy during this winter.  HiBEARnation is over and spring is well on its way.  I'm going to go on a diet."

"A diet?" I said in disbelief.  "As in D-I-E-T?"

"Yes, I need to lose weight."

"But Uncle Tibbs -- "

"No buts... I am on a diet," he said.


He ate very little.

"I'll just have a light dinner tonight, Ajdin," he said.  "You go ahead and have all the salmon and honey biscuits."

"But Uncle Tibbs -- "

"No buts... I am on a diet," he said.


I even saw Uncle Tibbs practicing yoga.

"Yogi bears are all thin.  Perhaps yoga will help me lose some weight," he said while lying upside down.

"But Uncle Tibbs -- "

"No buts... I am on a diet," he said.


Uncle Tibbs was also working very hard lifting weights.

"Muscle burns more.... ERGHHH... calories than fat does... UNGHHH... so maybe this will help me.... PHEW.... lose weight."

"But Uncle Tibbs -- "

"No buts.... URNGHHERRRGH... I am on a diet," he said.


Uncle Tibbs was taking this diet thing beary seriously.  I wonder if he was going to lose any weight?  He seemed to be a bit hard on himself.



9 comments:

  1. Bears do need a few extra pounds because they sleep more and eat less during the winter. With summer coming, we'll all be more active and lose that winter layer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon is supposed to be good for diets. You know healthy fats and all. I have some diet hot chocolate from a while back I could send you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I heard about salmon. As for the diet hot chocolate, thanks but I think I will pass. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Uncle Tibbs seems very focused. I hope he doesn't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I have to also say, I think Uncle Tibbs looks fine. He is just a big bear with big bones.)

      Delete
    2. It amazes me how two wheat thins, 4 grapes and a few peas and carrots can give Tibbs that much energy to do all of those exercises.

      Delete
    3. Beary observant, Little Fox. Indeed those are two Wheat Thins..

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... I'm not sure exercise and diet will cut it. Perhaps Uncle Tibbs needs stuff-o-suction? I think his particular species, as Droopy noticed, has big bones - he may be the subspecies Ursus stuffiensis kodiakensis - they are known for their large size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm that is an interesting subspecies. I wonder what subspecies I belong to.. ursus stufiiensis honeysus?

      Delete