Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pants or no pants?

Thank you everyone, for your thoughtful responses regarding my pants dilemma.  After reading your comments, I was still undecided about the entire situation so I went to ask Uncle Tibbs for advice.

"Uncle Tibbs," I said, "I received a pair of pants the other day from the pants fairy, but I'm not sure if I should put them on."


"Hmm... I'm afraid I don't have much experience with this situation," he replied.  "One thing is for sure, these are definitely your size and not mine!"

"What should I do, Uncle Tibbs?  I have always had a bare bear bum and I like it that way."

"Well, you could still be bare bear bummed - like me - and always wonder what wearing pants is like.  Or, you could try them on and find out.  Worse comes to worse, you can always take them off."


Deep down inside, I knew Uncle Tibbs was right.

I picked up the pants.

I was going to try them on.

"Hey everyone, Ajdin is going to try on some pants!" Uncle Tibbs announced.  Ooogie and Feathers came over to witness this historic event.


I carefully pulled one leg on...


...then the other.  I had to squirm around on the ground a bit.

Uncle Tibbs giggled.

"This is harder than it looks," I said.

"Theeeeeee susssssspeeeeeense isssssssss killiiiiiiiiing meeeeeeeeeeee," said Ooogie.


Finally, with some effort, I had successfully put my pants on.

"There!  How do I look?" I asked.


"Umm.... you look..." Uncle Tibbs stifled more giggles.

"Neeeeeeeeerdy," Ooogie said.


"What if you untucked your shirt?" Feathers asked.  "There, that's better."

It was an entirely new sensation wearing pants.  I walked around for a bit as my friends watched.

"So this is what pants feel like," I said.

But soon, I began to feel itchy... and restricted in movement... and I had a sudden urge...


...to take them off!

"Ajdin, what happened?" my friends asked.

"I am... a bare bummed bear!" I said proudly.

Uncle Tibbs giggled some more.

Oh well, at least I tried wearing pants, but I guess they aren't for me.


9 comments:

  1. I dunno, you look good in them, but if you prefer a bare bum that's alright Ajdin .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will wear them occasionally... do you wear pants Dumpy?

      Delete
  2. Perhaps save them for special dress-up occassions? But I agree that you should wear/not wear whatever makes you comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea Diesel. I may keep them in my dresser drawer. do you wear pants?

      Delete
  3. Perhaps save them for special dress-up occassions? But I agree that you should wear/not wear whatever makes you comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We agree, save them for special occasions, or when you go berry picking in the raspberry beds--they have thorns and the pants would protect your legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally am more used to you as a bottomless bear...but I think you could wear anything and still look good. You have that kind of face. :)

    ReplyDelete