Friday, August 7, 2015

The Matrix, part 3

CONTINUED FROM HERE...

"At last..." the voice said.  I looked up.


"Welcome, Honeyo.  As you no doubt have guessed, I am Mackerelous."

"Huh?"

"You might be confused right now, but you will come to understand.  By day, you are Ajdin Adilovic, a stuffie blogger.  But in this alternate reality, you are Honeyo, seeker of the truth."


"I simply went through my computer screen by accident, sir," I said.  "I didn't mean to come here.  By the way, you look exactly like my Uncle ---"

"There is no such thing as a coincidence," said Mackerelous.  "Come, look at this honey jar, for instance."


''It exists because you want it to.  You created its existence so that's why it appeared," he said.  "Go on, taste it."

I dipped my paw in the jar.

"Mmm... it tastes beary good, just like real honey," I said.  "Mackerelous, do you mean that I can create lots of honey jars, just because I want to?"

"Yes, Honeyo."

So I thought about many honey jars.


And just as Mackerelous said, the bits and bytes of computer code assembled themselves into many honey jars!


"Wow!" I said.

"Would you like to know the truth, Honeyo?"  Mackerelous extended his paw.  "I have 2 gummy bears here.  One red gummy bear, and one blue gummy bear."


"You take the blue gummy bear, the story ends," he continued.  "You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.  You take the red gummy bear, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the bear cave goes."


Which gummy bear should I choose?


6 comments:

  1. Blue if you want to play it safe... Red if you want to have a mind-blowing adventure and figure out the meaning of the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh we want to yell out eat the Blue one and wake up back to normal....but the adventurous and curious sides of the three of us scream for you to eat the red one! Oh boy what a choice.

    ReplyDelete