Friday, July 10, 2020

Mail call!

I received some fun mail the other day! Getting mail is always fun.

"Because you don't have to pay bills," said Uncle Tibbs.

Well, I guess that's true.


The first piece of mail was from Jerry and Ben. How do I know? From their signature drawing of two little bears!


The stamp is pretty cool also - a Transcontinental Railroad forever stamp.


They sent me a postcard. This painting is called "La partie de musique" by Jacob I Van Oost, a Flemish painter who lived in the 17th century. Thanks guys!


Next is an envelope from Sandy. Take a look at all these colorful stamps! I think I need to upgrade my postage stamp game.


First up is a postcard from Sundern, Sauerland which is a town in Germany. Hopefully I can visit Germany one day soon, maybe when it is safer to travel?


There's also a handmade cardboard postcard with some stenciled designs on it. It's made by Beanie Mouse and is part of his Found Art project. I will report that I found it on his blog shortly.


There is also another postcard made by Beanie. It's called "NYC Tickets" and it's a painting done in watercolor. Wow! It looks so realistic and detailed. It must have taken a very long time to do.


Thank you everyone for the fun mail!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a good haul of mail. Next time you get some bills in the mail be sure to hide them from Uncle Tibbs....that ought to make him happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I guess being an adult is not as fun as it seems. :)

      Delete
  2. I wonder what would happen to the postal service if we all stopped sending mail...

    ReplyDelete