Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A helping paw

I was having trouble finding someone to help for my Helping Paw badge.  It seemed like everyone was doing just fine.


So I decided to take a nap.  I should be hiBEARnating right now anyways.  *yawn*


"Help!" a voice chirped.

Wait, what was that sound?  Did you hear something?


"Please help!" it said again.

It sounded like it was coming from over here.


It was...

...a bird!

(Hey guys, how come you didn't tell me there was a bird behind me?)


"Hello," I said.  "Do you need help?"

"Yes!" she replied.  "My wing... I think it's broken.  A bird that can't fly... oh, I am done for!"


"Don't worry," I said.  "I am Bear Cub Scout Ajdin and I can help you."  I went to get my first aid kit.


"Now, if you will just hold still, I'll have you fixed up in no time," I said.

I took out some bandages and carefully tied them around her right wing.

"There," I said, helping her sit up.  "You'll need some time to heal but it should be better soon."


"But I cannot fly south!" she said.  "It is winter here and so cold.  I will surely freeze to death."

"You can stay with my friends and I," I offered.  "You can be our guest, Miss...?"

"Feathers.  My name is Feathers.  Thank you so much Ajdin.  You are a very kind bear."



11 comments:

  1. Hooray! I think this qualifies you for the Emergency Medical Technician Badge as well as the Helping Paw Badge.

    (Be sure to get your ears checked as well as your eyes, though. Just saying.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feathers sure was lucky that you were around Ajdin! Say, when a little bear (who shall remain nameless) has eaten a few too many cookies, what do you recommend that he do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feathers is lucky to have you around, is there going to be a ceremony where Uncle Tibbs presents you with the badge? If there is a ceremony I am curious (as well as the little bear that ate too many cookies) what kind of refreshments are going to be served?

      Delete
    2. Oh, we would also like to know what kind of refreshments are served! Do you have to say anything when you get a new badge..is there an oath or anything? A secret bear paw shake?

      Delete
    3. A tummyache caused by eating too many cookies can be fixed with some hot tea...add a little honey also. :)

      Delete
    4. I can't wait for the badge ceremony also, but I am just happy that I made a new friend and that Feathers will be okay.

      Delete
  3. Good job Adjin!!! I second Droop's comments... but all's well that ends well! So sad to hear Feathers had a broken wing. Did he hit a window or something? Maybe your Mom just cleaned all the windows so they are super clean and clear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Ajdin. Glad you had a first aid kit handy.

    ReplyDelete