Wednesday, February 2, 2022

String art

 Hey everyone, hope you're having a good 2022 so far! I can't believe it's already February. Time flies, doesn't it?

Today, I'm going to be making string art from a craft kit. I'm wearing my craft apron so my clothes stay nice and clean.

The design we'll be making is a succulent plant. We've been getting into gardening and plants lately, so this is just perfect! Here I have a wooden board that has a bunch of nails already hammered halfway into it. It will be the outline for our design.

The kit comes with colored string and a picture of the final design.

We'll start by taking one color string and wrapping it around the corresponding nail as indicated in the photo.


Then we fill in the shape by going up and down, left and right, and zig zag in all directions. There are no rules in this step, so just do whatever you'd like to fill it in!


Oops, I'm a bit tangled up in the string!


Okay, now we're making progress and going up to do fill in the leaves of this design. We are using two different shades of green here.


And finally! It is finished! What do you think? It took several hours to make.


I know the perfect place to display it. It'll look great here on the fireplace mantel.


Thanks for joining me and making string art! Let me know in the comments if you've made string art before.



2 comments:

  1. Nicely done Ajdin! You are such a crafty bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ajdin!! I was a bit concerned at first when I saw all that string... we stuffies are not the most coordinated sometimes... but you did well and avoided getting tied into knots!

    ReplyDelete